I've been looking for a good wordpress plugin creation tutorial for some time already and though I found quite a number of them, there's always something missing. What I found were like piece meals and I have to connect the dots myself.
That's the case until I found Ronald Huereca's tutorial posted at DevLounge. His tutorial is concise and direct to the point. It was easy to read and follow and most importantly, it follows the object-oriented approach in WordPress plugin development. Making a plugin in object-oriented way presents a lot of opportunities and lessens the headache in development.
To give you a preview, I'm listing down the table of contents.
- How to Write a WordPress Plugin - Introduction
- Seven Reasons to Write a WordPress Plugin
- How to Get Ideas for Wordpress Plugins
- Structure of a Wordpress Plugin
- WordPress Plugin Actions
- WordPress Plugin Filters
- Constructing a WordPress Plugin Admin Panel
- Constructing a WordPress Plugin User’s Panel
- WordPress Plugins and Database Interaction
- Using AJAX with your WordPress Plugin
- Releasing and Promoting Your WordPress Plugin